Thursday, April 05, 2012

floating on

We were talking about traveling and stuff like that on the way home last week and you said "we all float on". that modest mouse song just came on and I was thinking about what you said and one of the lines jumped out at me: 


"I like songs about drifters, books about the same"


the next three lines of the verse are:


"They both seem to make me feel a little less insane
Walked on off to another spot
I still haven't gotten anywhere that I want"




Good call on that lyric!! i totally identify with what he's saying.


In my opinion, he's talking about books by Jack Keruac, Allen Ginsberg, Hunter S. Thompson, Ernest Hemingway, and other people that write about traveling and how some people just don't feel right unless they're moving. 


listen to the song for me when you wonder where I am. i'm gonna write another post about songs like this one, songs that are musical versions of on the road.








No comments: